2016-2017 Brown Middle School PTO
Welcome back to school! We are so excited for this year to begin. Along with the staff at Brown, we’ve been working hard to ensure another successful year. We are relying on your support (by making a donation) and dedication (by volunteering) to making this a wonderful year for our students at Brown. Every year the PTO makes valuable contributions to the school in the following areas:
- Grade Level Field Trips ($3000)
- 6th Grade Celebration ($400)
- 6th Grade t-shirts ($1540)
- Staff Appreciation: teachers, paras, custodians, bus drivers ($1553)
We hope that this document provides you with a bit of information about this year`s PTO and how you can support and help. If you should have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact anyone on the Executive Board. We want to hear from you.
Co-Presidents: Denise Fogleman & Chris McSweeney
Vice Presidents: Nicole Wiles Sarah Valentine Diane Vyce
Secretary: Liz Kench
Treasurer: Sarah Hansen
- Receive all PTO notifications via email with Brown School e-notify. Sign up here.
Follow the instructions to sign up for Brown.
- If you need paper copies of PTO notifications, please contact Denise or Chris so we can get these to you.
- Come share your ideas, ask questions and get answers at our General PTO Meetings. (Dates to be announced in upcoming e-notify and on website.)
- The PTO relies heavily on parent volunteers, whether it is for one hour a week or one hour a year.
- Please take a moment to consider one of our volunteer opportunities. Expressing interest will get your name on a mailing list, nothing more at this point.
- Please return the volunteer form at the 5th Grade Orientation, 5th and 6th Grade Open House nights or to your child`s homeroom teacher by September 19th.
PTO Membership Donations
- The PTO Executive Board decided over the past few years to forego major fundraising campaigns in favor of slightly higher parent contributions. We would like to continue this tradition, but can only do so with your support. PTO membership donations are an essential funding source for PTO initiatives.
- Details regarding membership donations can be found on the Brown School website under the PTO tab by clicking on 'Forms'.
- You may also make your donation through PayPal
- Your child can show their Brown spirit by wearing a Brown t-shirt, pajama pants or sweatshirts.
- We will be selling spirit wear at the 5th Grade Orientation and at both Open House nights.
- You can pre-order your spirit wear by completing and returning the order form to the Brown Main Office.