2015-2016 Brown Middle School PTO
A warm welcome to all of the families who are new to Brown this year as well as a “welcome back” to our returning families. We are excited to be serving as the Executive Board of the PTO this coming year but want to stress that it is you, the parents, who make the PTO what it is. We are relying on your support (by making a donation) and dedication (by volunteering) to making this a wonderful year for the students and staff of Brown. Every year the PTO makes valuable contributions to the school in the following areas:
- Cultural Arts and Internet Safety ($3875)
- Whole Grade Field Trips (Rock Cats & Lake Compounds) ($2050)
- 6th Grade Celebration ($235)
- 6th Grade t-shirts ($1540)
- Poetry Contest ($200)
- School landscaping ($200)
- Staff Appreciation: teachers, paras, custodians, bus drivers ($2909)
We hope to that this document provides you with a bit of information about this year`s PTO and how you can support and help. If you should have any questions, concerns, or suggestions, please do not hesitate to contact anyone on the Executive Board. We want to hear from you.
Co-Presidents: Carolyn O’Connell (email@example.com)
Keiler Snow (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Vice Presidents: Denise Fogleman (email@example.com)
Beth Skudder (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Secretary: Anita Maniatis (email@example.com)
Treasurer: Rebecca Banerji (Rbanerji@earthlink.net)
- Receive all PTO notifications via email with Brown School e-notify. Sign up at www.madison.k12.ct.us. Click on the link for Parents, then click on the link for e-notify. Follow the instructions to sign up for Brown.
- If you need paper copies of PTO notifications, please contact Carolyn or Keiler so that we can get these to you.
- Come share your ideas, ask questions and get answers at our General PTO Meetings. (Dates to be announced in upcoming e-notify and on the website)
- The PTO relies heavily on parent volunteer, whether it is for one hour a week, one hour a year or one pan of brownies.
- Please take a moment to consider one of the voluntary opportunities on offer. Expressing interest will get your name on a mailing list, nothing more at this point. A list of all opportunities can be found on the Volunteer Interest Form, found under forms on the PTO section of the Brown website.
- Please return the form at the 5th Grade Orientation, 5th and 6th Grade Open House nights or to your child`s homeroom teacher by September 18th.
PTO Membership Donations
- The PTO Executive Board decided over the past few years to forego major fundraising campaigns in favor of slightly higher parent contributions. We would like to continue this tradition, but can only do so with your support. PTO membership donations are an essential funding source for PTO initiatives.
- Details regarding membership donations can be found on the membership form, found under forms on the PTO section of the Brown website.
- Use Paypal to make your membership donation.
- Your child can show their Brown spirit by wearing a Brown t-shirt, pajama pants or sweatshirts.
- We will be selling spirit wear at the 5th Grade Orientation and at both Open House nights.
- Don’t be disappointed and pre-order your spirit wear by completing and returning the order form that can be found under forms on the Brown website. Full details regarding prices, sizes and delivery information will be on the form. Send your completed form and payment to the Brown Main Office.